- NCP Shura Council adjourns discussions on al-Bashir nomination for 2020 electionsJanuary 20, 2018 (KHARTOUM) - The parliament of Sudan's ruling National Congress Party (NCP), the Shura Council, Saturday decided to not discuss the re-election of President Omer al-Bashir in 2020 election at this stage. According to the Sudanese constitution and the NCP status, al-Bashir couldn't run for office for a third mandate after the end of […]
- Chiefs accuse S. Sudan official of ceasefire violation January 19, 2018 (JUBA) – Local chiefs from the Gawaar community in South Sudan have accused the country's first vice president, Taban Deng Gai of violating the cessation of hostilities agreement signed between government and rebels in Addis Ababa last year. Gai's recent visit to Jonglei state, the chiefs claimed, has escalated the war in other the […]
- U.S. Shutdown : Congressional delegation suspends visit to SudanJanuary 20, 2018 (KHARTOUM) - The United States government shutdown has caused a postponement of a U.S. Congressional delegation visit to Khartoum which was scheduled for Sunday, said Sudanese parliament spokesperson The U.S. federal government shutdowns occur when Congress can't pass some kind of appropriations bill before a spending deadline and as a […]
- NCP Shura Council adjourns discussions on al-Bashir nomination for 2020 elections
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.